Our recent insta post on #Jellyfish was very popular so we decided to add some additional facts and resources for parents and their kids here on our blog.
Did you know:
1. Jelly fish have existed longer than dinosaurs (millions of years).
2. Some jelly fish are transparent while others vibrant colours and some even creating their own light (bioluminescent)!
3. They have no brain, heart, bones or eyes.
4. Stings can be painful to humans and some species can kill!
5. The diet of a jellyfish consists of: fish, prawn, crabs, plants and sometimes other species of jellyfish.
6. A jellyfish can grow up to 2 metres in length.
7. Jellyfish can get to a top speed of 8km/h.
8. Jellyfish use their stinging tentacles to stun prey before consuming.
9. The mouth of the jellyfish is found at the centre of its body and is used to eat and discard waste.
10. Jellyfish squirt water from their mouths to propel it forward.
Go to our #Pinterest page of colouring resources if your kids would like to continue learning about jellyfish through colouring!